Date of Birth: May 30, 1984.
Place of Birth: Hasselt, Belgium.
PhD in statistical modeling and data analytics. Complementary educational background with holding a master degree in engineering and being a CFA charterholder. Working in the financial industry in a risk methodology research team. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Open-minded, internationally-oriented, versatile and broadly interested. Keen on challenges both in professional and personal life.
MSCI Inc. (Budapest Office)
- Research on risk methodology problems in the context of RiskMetrics and Barra risk models.
- Researching investment problems utilizing MSCI, Barra, and RiskMetrics data, tools, and analytics.
- Assisting with the writing of research bulletins and white papers on current investment themes.
- Working on investment problems from clients around the world.
KU Leuven - Research Center for Management Informatics (LIRIS)
- Research on statistical models and predictive analytics, with a business-oriented focus.
- Business applications in marketing analytics, consumer credit risk modeling and social network analysis.
- Collaboration with major industry partners in telecom and financial industry.
- International cooperation with and research visits to University of Chile and University of Hamburg.
- Dissemination of results in internationally peer-reviewed academic journals (find a full publication list here).
- Teaching exercise sessions to master students and co-supervising master theses.
MSCI Inc. (Budapest Office)
- Thorough knowledge of the MSCI index construction methodology and Barra financial risk models.
- Customer-oriented role supporting investment professionals (asset owners, portfolio managers, broker/dealers, consultants).
- Assistance to the sales department with the preparation of case studies demonstrating the added value of MSCI products.
- Support of key vendors and strategic projects with these vendors.
KU Leuven - Traffic and Infrastructure Department
- Development of mathematical model for urban traffic state estimation.
- Research project in cooperation with the Flemish government and the Technical University of Crete: Implementing and testing a prediction tool for highway traffic.
- Real-life case study with a large amount of measurement data.
- Organization of an international scientific conference on dynamic traffic assignment in Leuven.
KU Leuven - Faculty of Business and Economics
Doctoral Program in Applied Economics.
CFA charterholder since December 2013.
Master of Engineering, Civil Engineering.
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Civil Engineering (Caminos, Canales y Puertos).
Erasmus Exchange Program.
Dutch (Native proficiency)
English (Full working proficiency)
French (Intermediate proficiency)
Spanish (Intermediate proficiency)
Basic computer skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. (Excellent proficiency)
Matlab, R (Excellent proficiency)
SAS, Java (Intermediate proficiency)